Fulfilling Goals

It has certainly been awhile since I picked up the trusty computer and let the words flow through my fingers, and take me away from life. I think that is partially because for a little over a year now I wasn't even sure where my life was going, or what would become of me. When the diagnosis' started to flood in like dirty laundry, my mind went to a dark place. A place where I was convinced I would stay while I suffered a long, and miserable death. It has taken me awhile to adjust to my new reality.

Of course, these life changes have changed me as well, which is to be expected. So after weeks of contemplation I decided to pull out the trusty old blog, gave it a face lift, and sort of start over where I left off.

It has always been my dream to write. More specifically to write for others. I'm not sure my writing is truly anything worth getting excited about, but I have been told I have a certain way with words. It is because of this, I am slightly optimistic that I can do this. Perhaps my words will never grace the pages of a best seller, and it is unlikely that I am going to be become internet famous. Yet, I remain hopeful that along this journey somewhere, I will be helpful to someone else who may be dealing with similar things. If absolutely nothing else comes from this blog, hey at least it is good therapy.

So here we go. Once again I am dusting off, and picking up the pieces to begin again. Let's see how it goes. I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least partially expecting to fall flat on my face. I mean come on, how many people just decide to write a blog and become a household name? Okay, so a few... but I figure with the way my life works, my chances of winning the lottery (which I don't play by the way) are greater than becoming a household name, or even widely inter-webs known. I am certainly not expecting, nor seeking any sort of fame. That would just be ignorance. I am however, seeking a place where I can safely be me. Where Other people can read my writings, and say, "Hey, that is so my life!" But, most importantly I hope to build a certain refugee for the crazy women of the world. I want them to know, someone else has been, and they survived. I want them to gain encouragement from the insanity that is my life. If I can accomplish that much. I feel my goal will be fulfilled.

Comments