Trapped....

The last five days I have been trapped. Sadly not figuratively but really and truly trapped. Our city is buried under inches of ice and snow and of course for a little hick town such as Muskogee, snow and ice spells disaster. The kids have been out of school for three days, and the chances of them going back anytime soon is looking slimmer by the second.

I am beginning to feel the walls closing in on me, and boredom has driven me to the brink of insanity. I am not a person who is in any way, shape, or form cut out for winter. I need sun light. I need to be outdoors. Top off the cold weather with 6 inches of ice and snow and a monster is born.

Of course with all things in life there are some positives to being stuck indoors, and me being the one who constantly struggles to see the silver lining in all things. Well I have decided that the only possible way to potentially survive what I feel may be the long suffering death of my sanity is to do my best to focus on those positives as few and far between as they may be.

1) My house has never been cleaner. Every single square inch has been scrubbed to a level of operating room sterility.

2) I have had the pleasure of making about a bazillion salt dough ornaments, which I am pretty sure breaks some sort of record like "more salt dough than any single person has ever made in a lifetime"

3) I have personally witnessed the murder of two stuffies (dog toys) by an incredibly bored puppy.

4) I have spent 5 lovely days trapped indoors with two moody teenagers and one cranky toddler. Not sure what the silver lining is here

5) I have baked about a gazillion unhealthy snacks which included cookies, brownies and cupcakes. All because everyone knows that all calories consumed during an ice storm do not count.

6) I have counted our stairs at least a million times, and now know that we have exactly 28 stairs. This information could come in handy one day. Not sure when that day will be, but hey it could happen.

7) I have gotten to know my bed, and day time TV really well. I have also discovered a horror I had already somewhat suspected. Day time tv is full of nothing but mind numbing soap operas and even more mind numbing cartoons. pick your poison.

8) I now know that it is entirely possible for the clock to come to a complete and total stand still, and that 6o seconds can TRULY feel like a life time.

9) I have discovered that 5 minutes in the snow feels more like an hour, especially when it is below freezing out.

10) most importantly.... Well I have learned a grand appreciation for teachers, and school employees 5 solid days with two moody teenagers is enough for me I couldn't imagine spending 5 days a week with a classroom full.

So, have you ever been trapped indoors? What are some of the things you discovered as silver linings to the never ending boredom and slow painful death of your sanity?

Comments

  1. We once were "trapped" in an ice storm without power.. After a couple of hours hubby freaked and decided to drive to WalMart, just to walk around. BAD idea, as about everyone else had that idea, too, and to call the roads dangerous wouldn't quite describe it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right on about middle and high school teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I don't know if you saw, but I changed the address to my blog... I'm not sure how to notify people on Bloglovin' or any of those feed things, so I thought I'd go through and leave a comment so you can update my address and you can keep following :) I'm at www.superpunkrockmomblog.blogspot.com now :)

    Keep up the great blog! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment