Taking advice...

Like it or not sometimes the best advice ever comes from the most unlikely and unexpected sources. For example, my three year old gives the best advice. Like when he says " You should play with me, instead of cleaning." or when he tells me that cake makes an excellent choice for dinner, solid advice in my book...

But that is not the kind of advice I am talking about, I am talking about the unsolicited advice... The advice you really don't want, but for some reason listen to anyway.  Like when you are having the worst day ever, and your friend says "Just relax" .... Sure in your head you might be thinking "What the hell do you know, you can't even imagine that type of day I have had" but somewhere some small part of you listens, and then you realize that it was probably some of the best advice you've been given.

Truth is, most of us prefer to "do it our way" and let's be honest, sometimes "our way" well... It's not necessarily the easiest or even the best way. Yet, part of being women human somehow demands we ultimately be stubborn, before eventually cracking and giving someone else's way a try.  Sadly, more often then not we are not the only people who suffer from our own stubbornness. I mean would it really kill us to put off the cleaning for awhile in order to roll in the dirt? And cake... Well cake is a good idea anytime. And, can you honestly think of one problem that was solved, or one bad day made better simply by stressing over it? I mean honestly?

So maybe... just maybe taking advice, at least sometimes wouldn't be such a bad idea, and maybe... well maybe... doing it someone else's way really is better!

What do you think? Has there ever been a time in your life when taking someone else's advice would have made your life easier?

Comments

  1. Yes there are many times listening to others would have benefited me. But I am a horribly stubborn woman too set in doing things my way but I try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same way, many times it would have greatly benefited me to take the advice of others, but I was too stubborn to do so.

      Delete

Post a Comment