The most controversial post ever


 
So anyone who has hung around my spot here on the web knows that I have a tendency to try to avoid drama, and therefore generally tend to shy away from the more controversial hot topics. However, I recently wrote a post You Can't Change my mind and as a response to that post, I was met with a dare from Therese who also has her own little spot on the web You're doing it wrong

Everyone knows that no self respecting person could possibly back down from a dare (well I can't anyway) even if the words "double dog" aren't used. Anyhow, Therese's dare went a little something like this...  "Next post is a dare post. Post something CONTROVERSIAL, that you will (probably) never change your mind about" ok so did anyone else see how big those letters in the word controversial were? Maybe it's just me, but I think she wants me to participate in controversy, and of course she dared me, so I am thinking I must... However, I figured if I was going to set a spark, why not start an entire freaking fire. I mean why stop with one controversial topic, why not give my opinion on a few...

So incase you haven't already grasp the concept, this post has the likelihood to be highly controversial, and therefore may or may not be something that you want to read... As a matter of fact if you are uptight, bitchy, or mean perhaps you should just go right ahead and skip this post entirely!

So now that you have all been fairly warned, and given the chance to exit stage left... Let's proceed with current controversial topics, and my opinions (yes, they are only opinions) on them.

Firstly I thought that since I am of course a mom, I would start with sort of a controversial parenting topic like Spanking: My opinion is that America has gotten soft, and honestly there are not enough kids getting the spankings they need. Of course this does not mean that I believe that children should be spanked for every little thing, but I also do not believe that spanking will cause permanent mental scars, or emotional problems. I was spanked growing up, as a matter of fact all of my friends were too, and we are a generation much different than the generation we are currently raising. We were not mouthy brats who acted (or felt) as if the world and everyone in it owed us something. We learned that there were consequences for our bad behavior and those consequences were much stronger and harsher than a simple time out. Therefore we thought harder before making bad decisions. Does that mean that bad decisions weren't still made? Not at all, but they were given more thought and often times were not repeated. Also I feel I must say that when I was a child, you simply did not hear of children taking guns to school, or any of the other traumatic things that are happening in our schools these days.

Abortion: I am pro life. Does this mean that I condemn those who make the choice to have an abortion? Not at all. I personally feel that it is not my place to judge anyone for any reason. And, honestly I can personally see some cases where perhaps some people may feel as though abortion is their only choice (severe health issues, rape, incest)... However, I do not believe that abortion should be used purely as a form of birth control, especially when there are so many options, and ways to protect against pregnancy, and there are also many options (other than abortion) after pregnancy occurs. For me, my biggest reason for being pro life,  is my son Dillion . When I was pregnant with him, many people including doctors tried to push abortion on me stating that Dillion would live mere minutes after birth at most. Assuring me that I was young, and could have other healthy children. However, if I would have caved to the pressures given to me by these people, my life would not have been blessed with the most amazing miracle ever, and I would have never gotten the opportunity to look into those beautiful eyes, or see that gorgeous smile.

Gay marriage: I know what the bible says, and fully comprehend it. I also personally do not understand why a gay couple would actually want to participate in a ceremony (such as marriage) which was built on a church/religion that only condemns them for there choice. That being said, I totally believe that every human should be afforded that same equal rights despite the way they choose to live their lives, or who they are in love with. Some of my best friends are gay, and they are some of the best people a person could know, and I personally feel they deserve all the same rights. For all of those who oppose gay marriage (or gay rights in general) first of all let me say "judge not lest ye be judged" and secondly, let me ask this... What if perhaps the roles were reversed? Besides, if they really want to be married, I say let them get married and be miserable like all the millions of straight couples in the world (that last statement was of course a joke - well mostly LOL!)

The right to bare arms (Gun rights): do I believe that guns should be banned? No, I do not. And honestly I have owned guns, and plan to own guns again. Of course I also do not feel there should be free rain on people being able to purchase a gun. If you have been convicted of a violent crime, or have been found to be an honest threat to yourself, or others... Well, you shouldn't own a gun. Do I feel that everyone should be neglected the right to own or carry guns simply because some lunatic may get ahold of one? Nope! besides the last time I checked forks didn't make people fat, and pencils didn't misspell words, so why would we ever believe that guns kill people? It is not guns which are the problem... People... People are the problem.

I think that perhaps that is enough controversial topics covered in one post, especially since I pretty much refuse to post on "Mommy war" topics like breast feeding, diapers, co-sleeping, etc. Since I believe that all those topics are pretty senseless considering we are all mothers and despite our personal choices should be raising each other up, and supporting each other.


So, now you have read what will most likely be the most controversial post you will ever read here on Mommy's Rambles, and my dare has been completed. So what do you think? What are your opinions on some of this seasons most controversial topics? Are any of you brave enough to pick up the torch and run with it? Come on now... I dare ya!!!

Comments

  1. I tend to agree with all your point on all of those so I don't have an argument against you. I could write a post on the same arguments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do happen to write a post on all the same arguments, please post it here, I would love to read it!

      Delete
  2. I agree with you on every single point. Whipping- yes I was raised on them. I am raising my sons on them as well. They only get them if the punishment warrants them. Abortion- Not for me but people need the choice. But also agree it's not the only form of BC, there is other shit out there people stop killing babies because you can't keep your legs closed. Gay Marriage- my baby brother is gay. He wants the same rights we have and I think he should have them. I don't know a gay that would like to get married in a church but they do want the ceremony and the union. Why not let them have it. Finally gun control- why should we be blamed for the idiots that weren't given spankings growing up and turned psychotic and started shooting up schools, major events, and other highly populated places. Allow us to carry the guns to protect ourselves and other innocent people (like children) from this asswaffles. I couldn't agree with you more and it doesn't look like you have much of a controversy on your hands...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the comment "people stop killing babies, because you can't keep your legs closed" Honestly sounds like something that I would say, but I was trying to approach these topics with more tender gloves so as to hopefully not start a riot, and I didn't so I guess I accomplished my goal LOL!!!

      Delete
  3. Wasn't controversial enough! ;) Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sentiments exactly - it's as if I wrote the post myself.
    Jae Mac @ I'm Just Sayin'...(Damn!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would appear that my opinions are much like many others, so perhaps this post wasn't so controversial after all LOL!

      Delete
  5. Damn,girl! We are generations apart but I agree with every thing you said!

    Being Pro Choice is by no means Pro Abortion - I wish more people would understand THAT!

    No controversy from me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment