Twists, Turns, and all that jazz

Well, it would appear that it has been far to long since my last blog entry, especially since I really and truly want this blog to become a highly followed, highly trafficked, self help kind of laugh until you cry (or at least until your sides hurt) type blog... You know, the kind that leaves you on the edge of your seat and every day you want to come back just to read the wackiness that is my crazy, totally messed up and some what dysfunctional life....

Well anyway, its been ummm well lets just say its been longer than a little while, but not quite so incredibly long that I have entirely forgotten this blog existed and ventured on to other things... Nope, I didn't forget about my trusty blog, or the few dear sweet people who actually read the thing... Just have had life... Yup! Life, over the last couple years my life seems to have this super sweet way of saying "OH NO! She's up, let's slap her again!" I think I can safely say that I have been through my fair share MORE than my fair share of curve balls.... Hmmmm, nope I would say more like spit balls. But, guess what?? I am still here so... Take that life! I am still standing and you haven't beaten me yet.

You have thrown death, homelessness, cancer, fighting, fear, loneliness, separation, etc, etc in my face, but GUESS WHAT... I am still here, still standing and YUP, I pulled myself up by the Ol' big girl boot straps and I am still putting one foot in front of the other. Sure, they may be unsteady feet, and heck yes I have been shaken, but you life have made me nothing more than a life sized weeble (Yup, I wobble but I WON'T fall down) so take that!!!

I have come to a place where I can see the hilarity in my life... Yup, humor... I am sure some of you are thinking, WOW! She must have lost her ever loving mind, and perhaps maybe I have just a little, but while my life (especially the last couple years) has resembled that of an extremely well written and unbelievable soap opera, I have found humor in some of the hardest and most difficult challenges one can face in life. I am pretty sure that at the ripe old age of 30 (yes, I am 30 ugh!) I have faced much more in life than many many 70 or even 80 year old women, but I don't think I would change a thing.... Well, ok maybe a couple things... but honestly while every thing I have faced has been difficult, heartbreaking, and down right scary as hell at times... Guess what, I came out on the other side alive and STRONGER than ever before... Yup, that's me... SURVIVOR...

True there was a point in life where I looked at myself in the mirror ashamed at the "victim" life had turned me into, but slowly and over time I realized I did not have to be ashamed, because I was a warrior. Every scar (both emotionally & physically) is a badge of honor. A sign not of what I have been through but what I have OVERCOME!

Heck yea, I am tooting my own horn, blowing my on whistle (or whatever you want to call it) I am pretty darn A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and I have every right to brag... I mean come on, get real... Wouldn't you? Shoot yea you would and guess what... YOU would have every single right to as well...

We all have things in our life that have tried to defeat us, but for every obstacle we have overcome, ever hurdle we have crossed, and every mountain we have climbed we have earned bragging rights... I wish that I could give each and every warrior out there, their very own badge of honor.

Remember, when the mountains look high, the valleys look deep, and all you see ahead is nothing but darkness... Well, you can do it!!! You can make it through... I know I am a warrior and I have no doubt that there is a little warrior in each of you too..

So, despite the twists and turns (tell you all about those later on) I am still here.. Still standing... still a warrior... still a fighter, and I am not giving up on me, or giving up on hopefully brightening someones day, or maybe helping someone else heal (even if it is just a little) with my quirky, weird, but astonishingly positive sense of humor.... So look out world (and more importantly .. look out blog readers) because KIMBRA IS BACK!!!!!!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad. I was wondering when I was going to see this again. U my friend are definately AMAZING. I'm ready to are what KIMBRA is going to bring. Ill be looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment