So much to do... so little want to...

You know how some times you have really good intentions of doing something, yet it never gets done. You know you become the Queen (or King in some cases) of procrastination, and those things you so desperately need to do, are suddenly not so important after all. Then, at bedtime you realize that those things really were pretty important and vow to get up early and do them first thing in the morning, but as soon as morning comes you once again convince yourself that those things can wait in favor of another lovely hour of slumber.

Seems like a never ending cycle of easy excuses and pretty soon you are buried under lists of "need to dos" Yup! That's me, that right where I am stuck some where underneath that ever growing list of "need to dos"

I am probably ranked right up there in the nation's top 100 procrastinators. I constantly tell myself that TODAY will be the day that I get something accomplished, but it never happens, usually I veto begin productive for sitting around and making statements like "I am bored, I need something to do" Yes, I am one of those "Tons of things to do, but not enough want to" type people... I think my biggest problem is that while I hate to sit still, I also hate house work, a domestic goddess I am not! I would soooo much rather be doing something F-U-N and guess what?? In case you didn't already know this (and unless you are one of those freaky, weird, smiles way to much,  has something to hide type moms) I am guessing you did.... HOUSE WORK IS NOT FUN!!!

I mean seriously who in their right mind finds real joy in picking up the same toy 15 million times a day, or washing dishes just so you can cook another meal and thus produce more dirty dishes... Come on, when we entered into this mom thing, we agreed to grow and raise little humans, no where in the contract were the words wash laundry, clean house, and scrub whatever crusty thing your toddler throws off the wall... Sure, the OCD eventually kicks in and the procrastination wears off, but I am never happy about it (which is yet another reason I will probably never be Mommy of the year)...

When cleaning day comes, I tend to turn into a whinny teenager and you can often hear the words "but I DON'T wanna clean" escape my mouth. I swear some one should really give serious thought to inventing one of those smart houses (you know that ones like you see in movies) I know I would be first in line to buy one... Well, that is after I win the lottery (which I never play)

Ugh! Who ever said being a mom was NOT a job, should be shot! Being a mom is hard work that is never ending... All of these "need to dos" has really got me thinking lately.... What did I get myself into???


Comments

  1. If your 100 then I am 99. I hate housework and think we should be laying on a beach in Maui.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get my best housework done when I'm mad. Depending how mad I am I could clean the whole house and do a better job then when I'm not mad. :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also get a lot accomplished when I am mad or stressed, anger and stress seem to be my two biggest motivators.

      Delete
  3. Be sure to stop by for the Bunny Hop Blog Hop and tell your friends, and email your friends. http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-bunny-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the invitation I will check it out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean! I keep hoping that the warmer temps will bring more motivations!

    You have been nominated!
    http://thismommasramblings.blogspot.com/2013/03/honored-with-my-third-leibster.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am hoping that once we see some warmer weather I will be more motivated.
    Thank you sooo much for the nomination!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment