Adventures in Motherhood

Well I know it has been awhile since I wrote, I am truly trying to get better, but sometimes my mind is just a pile of mush with lots of random thoughts bouncing around making no real sense.

So I decided that this post would be nothing more than random thoughts... "Mom moments" if you will... You know those moments when you realize you truly most be a mom, because no one else would do that. Well, I have had several "Mom Moments" the last few weeks, so I want to share them with you, and I hope that maybe you will share yours with me as well...

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A MOM WHEN........

 you are sitting at a restaurant enjoying a nice dinner with your family, when your two year unexpectedly starts spewing vomit, you throw hands out to catch said vomit, You then ask your waitress for extra napkins to clean the mess. Once finished you excuse yourself to the bathroom to clean yourself, and the toddler up and return to the table to finish your dinner despite the ill looks you are being given by your waitress as well as other restaurant patrons.

You fall from your car (yes I am clumsy), and tear your rotator cuff. You are instructed by your physician to strictly limit the use of your arm, yet you are somehow able to cook meals, prepare plates, give baths, clean house, and do laundry. Not to mention you seem to do these things with the use of only one arm.

You wake up in the middle of the night at least a million times to refill cuppies (cups) and cover up cold children.

You are in public when you hear a child yells, "MOM!" You immediately answer "What?!?" only to realize your kids aren't even with you.

You sleep on the floor all night because your two year old wants to touch your face.

You manage to exist on 1 -2 hours of sleep nightly and somehow still manage to do everything that needs to be done before your exhausted body collapses.
 ___________________

Of course there are more but this is just a few things I myself have experienced within the last few days.  Please feel free to share your recent "Mom moments"

Comments