Dear Boogie ... It's been two years

Dear Boogie,
Two years ago I woke up early, believing that day, was a Tuesday like any other. I walked into your room to see you smiling, and kissed you on the forehead before leaving for work. Never did I suspect that just a few hours later, my life would be forever changed.

After work that day, I came home to once again see your smiling face. Your nurse told me all about your day, and how you were doing so great. She told me that you had been smiling and "talking" all morning, looking back now I wonder if you were conversing with the angels that were beginning to gather around you. I remember talking to you about my day, and telling you how much I missed you. I remember helping your little brother into your bed for cuddle time, and then helping him out again, as you rolled your eyes, and said "get out" you were ready for your Elmo, and wanted to watch alone... Had I only known that a few hours later you would have been gone, I would have stayed, and spent every single second possible with you.

Later that evening, we went to your brother, and sister's back to school night. You were full of smiles and laughter, as I pushed you through the hallway of their school. You enjoyed seeing all the kids, and had a blast. You looked so great, and so happy... When we got home, you wanted to lay in your bed, you were sleepy... Had I known that it would be the last time I laid you in your bed, I would have stayed with you, and never left your side...

I remember walking into your room at bedtime thinking you were asleep, I remember the terror as I realized that you were not, I remember the heartbreak of the 911 call, and I remember the complete shock of the night, but most of all I remember the very second my heart shattered into a million pieces, the night you went to be with Jesus.

I have spent two years trying to understand why. I have spent two years missing you, and wishing that I could hold you again, see your smile again, or hear your laugh just one more time. I have spent two years wishing this was all just a bad dream, and missing you more with each and every passing day. 

Two years ago my life changed in a way I wish it never had... Today my tears won't stop flowing, and my words do not come easy, but I want you to know that I love you to the moon and back, and miss you more than any words could ever begin to say.

This song's for you little man! I love you to the moon, and back!
Love mommy



Comments

  1. Prayers for you on this very hard day. :*(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers are being sent to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimbra, It took me a bit to come by and visit and I am sorry for that. I am also sorry about this difficult day. Boogie touched many hearts in his short time, I am sure. Thank you, for allowing me in to his story. God Bless! Jodi from the noise of boys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and for your kind thoughts. Boogie did touch many hearts in his time on earth.

      Delete
  4. Prayers for you, sweet girl, on this day and every day after. You are strong, but it's okay to be weak as well. Boogie did touch many lives, but he touched your heart most of all, and you should feel pride in that. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kindness on such a hard day, it is greatly appreciated more than I can say. *hugs* back to you

      Delete
  5. Oh Kimbra. I'm glad I'm typing and not speaking, because there's no way I could get words past this lump in my throat. I am in tears reading your post, not because I can relate, but because even trying to Imagine your pain breaks my heart. You are a strong, brave woman, just to open your eyes every day, to get out of bed, to function. My prayers and love go out to you, as well as much respect. You are doing good girl, keep it up <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. Trust me when I say that there are many days I do not want to get out of bed, but I know that Boogie would not want me to stop living so I do my best to push through each day. Your sweet words really mean so much to me

      Delete
  6. Awww sweetie, 1 day, 20 months, 2 years or 20 years you will still miss him and that is okay, you don't stop loving someone because they leave this world, Hugs to you and you are in my thoughts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment