I'm a proud resident of the great Bi-polar state

 

Brrr, it's freezing outside... Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it nearly 80 degrees just a few days ago? Not sure why I am surprised, I mean I do live in Oklahoma the great Bi-polar state! The state known for having record breaking cold and record breaking heat in the same year. The state where you can experience floods, tornadoes, and earthquakes all within one week, and the state where you can use your air conditioner and your heater all in the same day!

This time of year in Oklahoma, you can never know what to expect, you may fall asleep with weather in the 80's only to wake up to 6 inches of ice and snow. Yup! living in the great Bi-polar state offers unending excitement, and sure does keep a person guessing... We are never able to pack away our winter coats, or our Summer shorts. Nope, this is one state where you may be in shorts on Christmas morning and heavy coats on Easter : )

I myself have been a proud resident of this wonderful Bi-polar state for nearly 29 years. I've seen it snow on Halloween, worn shorts on Christmas morning, worn a jacket while popping fireworks. I've complained about the heat, been depressed over the cold, rejoiced over the rain, and prayed over the drought. I have witnessed, fires, tornadoes, floods, and most recently record breaking earthquakes. If nothing else living in Oklahoma has offered plenty of excitement, and certainly a roller coaster of feelings and emotions. Never a dull moment in your life when you are an Okie.. 

However, while living in Oklahoma, and specifically Muskogee, may give us a few small bragging rights (I'm proud to be an Okie from Muskogee - Merle Haggard) after some serious thought, I think it is about time that maybe just maybe someone should offer our wonderful Bi-polar state and potentially mother nature as well a few doses of Prozac!!!!!

Comments

  1. Couldn't agree with u more on this one. I just love the things u come up with. And might I add I'm proud to be an "0kie from Muskogee" rite along with u. Hope u have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment