Stress sucks & other reasons I no longer wish to be an adult.

Ok, so is it just me, or does anyone else think that being a grown up really sucks sometimes? I mean really wouldn't you rather be a kid and watch SpongeBob all day? I know for me personally I have thought about running away far more often as an adult then I ever did as a kid. Sure being a kid could be rough at times, But, being an adult really SUCKS sometimes. Bills, stress, responsibility, housework, kids, and STRESS... All of this really makes me long for the days of my childhood. What was I ever thinking, back when I just couldn't wait to grow up?

Today I have decided that I want to share with you all the reasons I personally think being an adult totally stinks...

1) No more cartoons, unless of course you have kids then you find yourself tortured by cartoons that make the cartoons you watched as a child look like eloquently written novels.

2) Bills! You pay for food, pay for electric, pay for water, pay for gas, pay... pay... pay once you hit adulthood absolutely NOTHING is free

3) Housework, sure we may have had chores as kids, and there may have even been a lot of chores, but no amount of chores could ever compare to running your own household which means cleaning, laundry, cooking, dishes, and lots more cleaning.

4) Kids - you now have your own little humans to look after. You also now realize just why your parents often looked as if they were half way to a nervous breakdown through out your adolescent years.

5) Errands - the word errands no longer means sitting in the passenger sit of the car while your parents rush around trying to get things done. You are now the parent/adult rushing trying to make sure the bills are paid on time, groceries are bought, and your children are chauffeured to the ten million and one activities they are involved in... Did I mention you are also the one paying for all of the above.

6) Cooking - kids need to eat, and unfortunately they need a bit more than easy mac or cookies, so you must learn how to actually operate a stove and prepare a meal which is well balanced. Personally I believe a cookie in each hand is pretty balanced, but doctors and nutritionist do not tend to agree.

7) Driving - when you are a kid driving seems like the coolest thing ever, but when you hit adulthood driving becomes less about freedom and more about getting from one responsibility to the next.

8) Responsibility no longer means making sure that your room is clean, or that your homework is turned in on time. Now it means making sure that the tiny humans (and potentially even animals) which dwell in your home survive another day.

9) Mornings - waking up early no longer means before noon. Waking up early is something more like before the sun comes up and it's really hard to be a morning person when it is still dark outside Ugh!

10) Marriage - this means adopting an over grown child who also depends on you for food, clothing and more... Plain and simple, marriage just equal MORE STRESS

So there you have it 10 reasons why today I think being a grown up totally sucks... Have you ever had a day when you thought being a grown up really sucked?? What were/are some of your reasons?

Comments

  1. Stress and responsibility. I feel like everything fits under that umbrella. It really does suck sometimes.
    Angela @ Time with A & N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it truly does suck sometimes, but in the end, I don't think we would trade it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment