Bloggyland bullies

A lot of bloggers start blogging with wild anticipation. They blog with hopes and dreams of paying the bills while sitting in front of a computer, and doing what they obviously love - writing. Most bloggers dream big, and are just waiting for the day when they become published authors and famous bloggers, waiting for the big bucks to roll in "Show me the money!" (sorry couldn't resist). I am no different than the millions of other bloggers out there in the world hoping for fame and fortune. True I didn't start writing my blog with hopes of fame or fortune, but over time I have built that ambition for myself... Will this blog ever make me famous? All signs point to NO! especially since I certainly do NOT consider myself a seasoned or professional writer. Does the lack of potential fame mean a girl can't dream? Nah... I mean come on, becoming an overnight celebrity is pretty rare, and I highly doubt the things I write will land me in the bloggers Hall of Fame, but that's not going to stop me from writing. Who knows maybe on day I will write something funny enough (or controversial enough) to land fame and fortune, but until that time comes, I am going to keep on writing...

Ok, so I am sure a lot of you may be thinking "Where is she going with this?" Well the answer is simple. I have noticed a trend lately among my fellow bloggers. It's as though every blogger in bloggyland has decided that they are going to be the one who makes it. As time goes on we don't seem to realize that we are stepping on each other and tripping over each other in order to make our own way up the ladder of blogginess. I thought bloggyland was a place of friendship and camaraderie but the truth is every where I look there is someone stepping on someone else... Did you know that there is even a site dedicated to nothing more than the slamming and degrading of other blog authors? I mean come on people REALLY?

Fortunately I have not yet been put in a place where I have felt bullied, or stepped on. However, I see several of my fellow bloggyland buddies who have. It saddens me, that people can be criticized and slammed for simply writing things that they feel are important, or that are funny to them. If you don't like what they have to say, it's pretty simply - Don't read it, but the blog bullying has to stop... Lately it feels as if bloggyland is worse than the real world, and in case no one has noticed the real world pretty much sucks... All I am saying that instead of going Mother against Mother/ Blogger against blogger. Perhaps we should all stand up, shut up and make bloggyland a happier place to live in...

Ok, so I am off my soap box, and this is the end of my Monday morning mindless rant... I hope it wasn't nearly as hard to follow as it was for me to write, now I think I am off to take a nap and hopefully wake up on the right side of the bed this time.

Comments

  1. I could not agree more with this. You've honestly took the words out of my mouth. I cant stand bullying in general but on something like blogging? I wouldnt have thought when I first started. I sometimes find blogs that post everyday and post so much. And I feel that sometimes they do that to make themselves look better. Dont get me wrong, all of the bloggy friends I have done do this whatsoever but the ones that I choose not to follow do. I'd rather hear about your own personal feelings or thoughts on a topic than be impressed because you played up your fashion sense or something. Does that make sense?

    Besides that, i love reading your blog and gald to be bloggy friends. Just thought you should know :) Hope your Monday gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging has it's pros and cons, most definitely...
    I know I have written my blog for a while now... over 2 years... and I do it everyday for one reason...
    Because it keeps me sane.
    Because it talks me down, when I am on that proverbial ledge.
    It's why I read other blogs too.. for inspiration, for strength.

    I have read some good and bad blogs...
    I have been bullied and praised...

    Just like the real world, not everyone is going to like you.
    It sucks, but, everyone feels the need to weigh in on certain topics... I know I've been hurt by blogging words before. I had one person PUBLICLY UNFOLLOW my blog, because I spoke against FIONA APPLE... Not really against, just that she looks ill, and that's a darn shame... but, really.... over Fiona Apple.

    I am new here to your blogverse, and I quite enjoy reading your posts.

    Never apologize for who you are, and what you write... That's a rule I've learned here in blogging. Your voice is just as important as the next mother-behind-a-keyboard.

    Okay... Let's throw this soapbox out... We've both climbed up!

    www.katerivonstealsnewlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! It's so ridiculous that everything has to be turned into a competition. Somebody has to win and somebody has to lose, somebody has to be right which means the rest of us are wrong. Can't we leave that crap in the real world (where I hate it also, but I know it's not going anywhere) and let blogging be a safe haven?? Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what its like b/c I've been there and for 4 mths. Finally just said screw it. I'm not gonna let 2 low life bitches get me down. So I blog like nothing is going on. it's now stopped but its like they skip a few weeks and then come back. But I've tried to block them so they cant comment. so far so its worked

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had my fair share of slams and bullying. I had someone once tell me that my family is going to hell, rung me a new one for my beliefs and posts and of course all under an alias.

    I won't lie. They've made me cry, they've even brought me to the point of throwing in the towel... But the amazing part was the blogger friends who I have made along the way who told me to stick to it! They even left a fair amount of bad karma comments for the offenders as well hehe.

    There is so much good and bad in this bloggerverse, or bloggyland as you like to call it :) You just have to stay true to yourself and try not to let other's judgment affect your "world". And if they do, I know there are so many kind-hearted bloggers out there to make your day better!

    I'm not sure what some get out of badmouthing others, but it just makes them look ridiculous honestly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey hun. Would love to have you guest post on my blog sometime. Get back with me. Hope you have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sad that bullying finds its way into such a positive environment. We just have to keep at it because we love it and keep staying positive! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to continue to think bloggyland is a place of friendship and camaraderie. I refuse to allow rude people ruin that for me. I will not give them the satisfaction or the attention they are craving.

    Why can't everyone just play nice?

    Bye for now, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so right with that. I don't know if there's and anti-Stephanie forum out there, I haven't checked and I'm not into finding out. If there are people so obsessed with me that they feel the urge to slam me, I feel for them. I know someone who found her hate-forum and took it pretty hard. Don't those people have a life? To be honest, I barely have the time to be current with my blog and the blogs I read, I wouldn't even have the time to malicously stalk someone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kimbra,

    You have a very nice blog site. How long have you been blogging?

    Best,

    Juanita
    randfwithjuanita@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment